Digi-Key’s 2019 InstaLab Contest
By Ines Plückebaum
Do you ever dream of your own electronics laboratory? Here's your chance to win one!
Even if you’re lucky and have access to an open laboratory at the university or college, you still have to share. Long-term set-ups and measurements are difficult and you’re not always free to do what you want. So, no matter if you've just started at the university or college, or if you’re a graduate student - the Digi-Key InstaLab could be just what you need.
The InstaLab, with content worth more than 3000€, allows you to turn your shared room or student apartment into a well-equipped laboratory.
The Digi-Key InstaLab contains everything you need to get started right away:
- Safety First. We packed an anti-static mat from Desco to turn every table into an electronic workstation.
- Measure for Measure. With the Teledyne LeCroy oscilloscope, the TPI multimeter, and the Digi-Key ruler, you know where your development path is heading.
- You got the Power! With a power supply and a function generator from B&K Precision, you can power your projects with up to 30 VDC and clock them correctly.
- Let’s Play! You can immediately start prototyping and testing: The SparkFun Redboard and the Adafruit Playground give you a good starting point, and if you want to expand, there is a breadboard and more basic electronic parts.
- Solder on: We have packed all the tools you need. Wiha Pliers, Wiha screwdrivers and full soldering accessories (Chip Quick Flux pen, Apex Tool Group soldering station, etc.) are part of the equipment.
- “To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk” We can’t add to your imagination, but we have included the SparkFun inventor kit. Motors, display, sensors, etc. will help you to give free rein to your creativity. Or you can just grab the instructions and go through the first experiments.
Keep moving. What use would InstaLab be if you’re not able to take it with you everywhere? So, the InstaLab will be delivered in a handy case by Serpac which will not only protect your entire lab, but also give it wheels for better transportation.
About this author
Ines Plückebaum has been working for Digi-Key in the European Sales Team since 2017. She takes care of sales inquiries and customer concerns of all kinds and helps out with the Applications Engineers when needed. Ines graduated from a high school with a focus on electrical engineering and since then kept expanding her technical knowledge, especially in the fields of embedded programming and 3D printing. As a maker, her head is always full of ideas to make her environment better… or at least more colorful.
Free Educational and academic resources and tools from Digi-Key
Another Geek Moment: Summer Break Edition Video Series
Engineering students on Summer Break made their way through the summer, project by project! Find out what they have been up to by tuning in to Another Geek Moment: Summer Break! [VIDEO: English]